The most common cues are probably known to most owners. Applying them and understanding their use is vital to the health and safety of your dog. We will coach you on how to teach these easily and methodically. Watch, Sit, Stay, Wait, Down, Leave, Touch. . . . .
The most common cues are probably known to most owners. Applying them and understanding their use is is vital to the health and safety of your dog. We will coach you how to teach these easily and methodically. Sit, Stay, Wait, Down, Leave, Touch, Watch . . . . .
Socialisation / Habituation
Everyone thinks of socialisation when they get their puppy but what is it really and where does habituation differ from Socialisation. Sounds complicated? We'll make it simple and straightforward for you.
We will help and advise you with all the common questions, including toilet training, Settling in any situation, sleeping habits, mouthing / nipping, separation anxiety, chewing, confidence building and how to introduce your your dog to children and other dogs or pets in your household.
Loose Lead Walking
We all know how frustrating it is when your dog starts pulling, lunging or criss-crossing in front of you on walks. With our easy to learn method for teaching loose lead walking, you will soon have a happy walk for you and your puppy!
A strong recall is one of the key skills to have in your pocket to confidently allow your dog off lead in the park or other open spaces. The ability to have your dog come straight back to you when called is very satisfying and can keep them from possible dangers.
WHY ONE TO ONE ?
- The distraction of other puppies close by can get your puppy over-excited and this makes it harder for them to concentrate and learn. (We do however advocate puppy socialisation as part of the training).
- As your puppy is calmer, so too are you the owner allowing you to relax and gain more from the training.
- With the 1-2-1 training you are not training to a fixed syllabus and the training exercises can be tailored to your puppy’s individual needs or have specific areas you would like us to focus on.
- The location of the training can be flexible to suit you and the puppy’s needs. We can work in your home or garden and on your walks so you get the training in the right environment.
- We can be flexible with training times and dates to suit yours and your puppy’s schedule
- We will introduce you and your puppy to the wonderful world of canine enrichment and coach you on how to keep your puppy mentally stimulated throughout their life.
- A Juniper Dogs Certificate will be posted upon puppy training completion. These sessions are the very foundation of your puppy training journey, teaching you and your puppy invaluable life skills, all through fun and positive, reward-based training.
- These programs are suitable for puppies up to the age of 6 months. If your Dog is older we suggest you book for the Dog Training package.
We do not generally allow switching of courses but we understand that sometimes circumstances change so we take each request on its own merit
We think it is very important that all dogs and owners start their training on the same day. This means that all the dogs are at the same level each week and minimises the disruption to the classes.
You will be reminded about what to bring on your confirmation email. We prefer that your dog is on a flat buckle type collar or harness and not a slip lead or choke chain. Flexible/ retractable leads do not work for our training classes, so an ordinary 1.5m lead is ideal. Bring high value treats for you dog such as chicken, sausage, cheese, liver cake etc
We recommend that you do not feed your dog for at least 2 hours before classes, if possible only feed a light meal at lunch time and do not feed any evening meal just before classes.
We do not currently sell dog training treats or equipment at classes. We promote responsible dog ownership and we can give advice and guide you towards suppliers of dog training and other equipment
Most dogs fit in very well to our dog training classes and high spirits are kept under control. But sometimes dog training classes are not always the best place to start training over excitable dogs or older dogs with behaviour problems. Feel free to contact us to discuss how we can best integrate your dog into our class environment.
We have had great success over the years helping nervous dogs overcome their fears. The environment we create is very safe for shy dogs. We space the dogs out and put thought in to who is at the side of who. Being in an environment with a number of other dogs can help yours gain confidence and we always let all the other handlers know that your dog is anxious and needs space.